Thursday 14 March 2013

Ceramifications

Ceramifications ...

I´ve had a few interesting bits and pieces emerge from my latest firing. 
There are always a few experimental projects that don´t turn out as you´d like them to, but, overall, I´m reasonably happy with some of the more off-the-wall ideas where glazes and designs are concerned.


It has been fun experimenting with glaze on the inside of some of my pieces as opposed to just considering how the outside of a piece should look.




Distressed edge bowl


Tealight holders

Some of my tealight holder designs have turned out ok, and I recently sold a few of these at the latest craft fair we attended.  

In an effort to get away from my over-used love of blue glazes, I´ve been playing with some oatmeal / bronzey glazes and using drip techniques to reasonably good effect. 


Stone / oatmeal effect dropped pod pot


Rustic, copper / bronze distressed bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment